Content Management System – CMS
Content Management System is a pre-installed system to manage your website with theme management, plug-ins and everything in between.
The core CMS features are; indexing; search and retrieval; format management; revision control; and management.
Features may vary depending on the system application but will typically include:
- Intuitive indexing, search and retrieval features index all data for easy access through search functions and allows users to search by attributes such as publication dates, keywords or author.
- Format management facilitates turn scanned paper documents and legacy electronic documents into HTML or PDF documents.
- Revision features allow content to be updated and edited after initial publication. Revision control also tracks any changes made to files by individuals.
- Publishing functionality allows individuals to use a template or a set of templates approved by the organization, as well as wizards and other tools to create or modify content.
Popular additional features may include:
- SEO-friendly URLs
- Integrated and online help, including discussion boards
- Group-based permission systems
- Full template support and customisable templates
- Easy wizard-based install and versioning procedures
- Admin panel with multiple language support
- Content hierarchy with unlimited depth and size
- Minimal server requirements
- Integrated file managers
- Integrated audit logs